Rice proteins and rice extracts are well tolerated & can visibly improve the appearance of your skin
Rice extracts are a wonderful addition to skincare, hair care and body care products. From the outer layer (rice bran) to the innermost layer (rice kernel), this humble grain is full of beneficial vitamins, minerals, oils and peptides for the skin and hair.
Best of all, very few people on the planet report allergies or intolerances to rice, making this one of the most beneficial and versatile ingredient to use in personal care products.
What are rice extracts and what do they do for the skin
There are a few different types of rice extracts that you might find in skincare products.
Rice extracts (also know as rice solution or rice water) can be used as a substitute for glycerin, and it is often found in moisturizing products.
Rice extract is known for its ability to hydrate and nourish the skin.
It can help to calm skin that is prone to irritation or redness. Rice extract is also known for their antioxidant properties, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
Also called Hydrolyzed rice protein, rice hydrolysate or rice proteins, this is another type of rice extract that is beneficial for the skin.
Rice hydrolysate is a water-soluble extract from rice that has been treated with enzymes to break down rice proteins into amino acids.
Rice peptides are made up of these amino acids . Peptides are small proteins that have beneficial effects on the skin.
The peptides in rice hydrolysate help the protective barrier of the skin, helping the skin stay hydrated and healthy. Rice peptides are also gluten-free, making them suitable for everybody.
Here are 10 reasons how rice extracts and rice peptides can help your skin
1) Reduction of skin irritation - Rice hydrolysate has properties that can help to reduce irritation in the skin. This can help soothe and calm the skin.
2) Reduction of UV damage - Rice peptides can protect the skin against sun damage and photoaging. They help repair cell damage that has already occurred and prevent further damage from occurring due to their antioxidant properties.
3) Skin hydration - Rice extract is great for providing long-lasting hydration to the skin. It works as well as glycerin to keep moisture in the skin, but without any stickiness.
4) Reduction of lines and wrinkles - Rice peptides can be beneficial for skin health by increasing collagen synthesis. Increases in collagen production help to prevent and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.
5) Reduction of hyperpigmentation - Hyperpigmentation is when skin has abnormal or increased coloration that can be caused by conditions such as liver spots and age spots. It is often associated with photoaging. Rice peptides can help to reduce hyperpigmentation in the skin by inhibiting tyrosinase activity, which is an enzyme involved in melanin synthesis.
6) Reduction of dead skin cells - Rice peptides can increase desquamation, which is the process where dead skin cells are shed from the stratum corneum (outermost layer of the skin). This exfoliation helps to make the skin appear smoother and decrease acne.
7) Increase in ceramide production - Ceramides are tiny lipids that provide the skin with a protective barrier to keep moisture in and protect against harsh environmental factors such as UV radiation. Rice peptides can help with this by increasing ceramide production, which helps to protect the skin.
8) Skin lightening - Rice peptides have been found to inhibit melanin synthesis through tyrosinase inhibition, which means they can help lighten skin. This happen by the inhibition of tyrosinase, which is an enzyme involved in melanin synthesis.
9) Stimulation of collagen production - Rice peptides have been found to increase the production of proteins that are involved in skin health. Studies show that rice peptides stimulate collagen production in fibroblast cells. This can help the skin appear plumper and firmer.
10) Treatment for itchy, flaky skin - Rice peptides have been found to be beneficial for patients with itchy, scaly or flaky skin because of its power to hydrate the skin.
To summarize, Rice extracts are a popular skincare ingredient due to their many benefits for the skin. They help reduce UV damage, lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, dead skin cells, and increase skin ceramide production. Rice peptides can also increase collagen synthesis and lighten skin. All of these benefits make rice extracts a great addition to any skincare routine.
Q: How do rice extracts and peptides work?
A: Rice peptides can help with UV damage by repairing cells that have been damaged by the sun. They also reduce skin irritation and inhibit tyrosinase activity, which is an enzyme involved in melanin synthesis.
This can lead to calmer, more even-toned skin. Rice peptides may also help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Rice extracts have the same hydration power as glycerin and are well tolerated by all skin types.
Q: Are rice extracts safe to use on acne-prone skin?
A: Yes, rice extracts are a great ingredient for those who suffer with acne because they also help to regulate skin turnover by increasing desquamation (the process where dead skin cells shed from the stratum corneum (outermost layer of the skin).
Q: Can rice extracts work for all skin types?
A: Yes. Rice extracts have well tolerated by most skin types and help with the hydration of all skin types, including those with sensitive skin.
Do your favorite skincare products contain rice extracts? Please feel free to comment or ask us any questions using the form below.
Mar 08, 2023 • Posted by Forshelli
Yes, rice extracts can be used with Hydroquinone. As mentioned in the article, rice extracts are calming and soothing for most skin types and might help soothe irritation.
Mar 06, 2023 • Posted by Guadalupe Deblonk
Can rice extracts be used while using hydroquinone?
Leave a comment: